Attention all you up-and-coming horror writers! Our very first Life In A Kilt Podcast “Kilt of Horrors” is in need of your stories for our 2016 Halloween episode. Stories must feature a kilt (or kilts), be between 1500 – 2000 words long and “safe for work.” We’ll pick our favorite three stories and read them on our Halloween episode. Winning story authors will receive a free Life In A Kilt Podcast t-shirt, plus the glory and distinction of having their name and story read on our podcast. If you’re interested in submitting a story, read the rules below and then start writing. But you’d better be quick. Deadline for story submissions is Friday, October 21!
- All stories must prominently feature a kilt or kilts in the story line.
- Stories should be between 1500 – 2000 words long.
- Stories should not be pornographic or rely heavily on explicit sexuality or gratuitous violence. Try to keep all submissions “safe for work.”
- Stories should be submitted by email to LifeInAKilt@gmail.com with the Subject: “Kilt of Horrors Submission.” Please send stories as text in the email and not an attachment.
- By submitting a story, you acknowledge that you are the author of the story and have the right to give permission to use the story. You acknowledge that there is nothing in the story that would infringe on another’s copyright.
- By submitting a story, you give Life In A Kilt Podcast a non-exclusive right to record, publish and distribute the story worldwide by means of digital, print, audio and video technology. Authors retain copyright to their stories.
- Stories to be broadcast on the podcast will be chosen by Life In A Kilt Podcast hosts and staff. All decisions are final.
- Prizes are chosen by the Life In A Kilt Podcast staff and will be a Life In A Kilt Podcast t-shirt or comparable product depending upon availability. Winners will be notified by email and must supply size and shipping address for prize delivery.
- Stories must arrive by email and marked on or before 11:59 PM Friday, October 21, 2016 EST.
- Stories not meeting the above qualifications will not be considered for the podcast.